Program Summary for 2014
Ahhh, it’s already January and 2014 has come to an end! At WIN, we had a fantastic year and in this blog post, we wanted to give a little summary of our programs in 2014.
Thanks to your support, WIN was able to support 1254 women this past year and the impact has been amazing!
Program 1. Crisis Referral Program
• Number of women supported through this program: 480
• We also supported 169 women through our community gifts in kind to our partner organizations
Program 2. Gift Certificate Program
• Number of women supported through this program: 487
• Number of partner organization we worked with: 15
Quotes from our partner organizations:
“Receiving a WIN gift certificate is one of the most exciting events for women in our program. As self-esteem grows, and the possibility of a brighter future is revealed, new clothing can mean the world”
“Women feel cared about and respected through the program. It affords dignity by giving women a choice in what they purchase for themselves and their families.”
Program 3. New Start Program
• Number of women who participated in the New Start Program: 84
• Dollar Amount of the goods that women received: $42,490.40
Quote: “thank-you from the bottom of my heart – to the end of the universe, for everything you have done for myself and my boys, in this hard time of need. The burden you lifted off my shoulders as a 1st time single mom is indescribable”
Program 4. Self Sufficiency Program
• Number of women who received financial support: 25
• Total dollar amount provided: $16,011.46
Quote: “For the first time in over a decade I am dreaming big, big dreams for myself, and mustering the courage to keep stepping forward towards those dreams… I feel excited at the prospect of growing in a vocation that brings me joy, will support me financially and in every other way as it allows me to also give back. Thank you.”
Program 5. Transformations Program
• Number of women who participated in our April Transformations Program: 9
Quote:“Women can become ‘unstuck’ and realize that they have choice in life. This is empowering.”
“I have a new way of loving and appreciating. Being me by connecting within. My authentic self as a woman.”
If you have donated goods, donated money, shopped at our stores, told your family and friends about WIN, told someone about our programs, recommended volunteering at WIN, liked our Facebook page, watched our adorable video with the WIN bear or anything else that supported WIN, thank you!
Your help and support – even the smallest help is much appreciated. Our community can be transformed when we put our efforts together!