Self Sufficiency Program
Self sufficiency and wellness are the cornerstones of a free and fulfilled life, and something that all women and their families deserve. We support women to make healthy choices and pursue opportunities along their journey to self sufficiency and wellness.
The Self Sufficiency Program provides women with one-on-one as well as financial support.
One on One Support:
Women in the Self Sufficiency Program meet with our Program Coordinator on a periodic basis. The Coordinator works closely with the program participant to assess the current situation, refer to any other community organizations for extra resources and set goals.
Self Sufficiency Bursary:
WIN will begin accepting new submissions in Spring 2016
Women can apply for a Self Sufficiency Bursary from WIN to help her achieve her goals of financial independence. This could include:
1. Funding to support women to pursue further education or training
2. Funding to support women to develop their small business or cooperative enterprise
3. Funding to help remove barriers (such as childcare or transportation) so that women can participate in specific learning opportunities
Strong Community Partnerships:
We have developed many strong community partnerships and we make referrals to other existing educational programs in the community including Bridges, Community Micro Lending and the Burnside Gorge Family Self Sufficiency Program. This way we ensure that we are meeting the needs of women and filling gaps rather than duplicating existing programs.
How to Apply:
1. Attend an information session. This is where you will receive an application and further instructions.
*All info sessions will take place at 785 Pandora Avenue (WIN Administration Office) at 5:00pm. Please RSVP to email@example.com. if you plan to attend.
2. Submit your application at the front desk of our Pandora location (785 Pandora Avenue)
3. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be asked to make a presentation to our committee.
4. The committee will then evaluate your application and make their decision.
*Women in the Self Sufficiency Program can also apply to the Transformations Program.
"It is one thing to have dreams, but feeling supported and accountable to the generosity of donors in actualizing those dreams is immeasurable. I am very grateful to the people from WIN for supporting my journey to financial self sufficiency."
~ WIN Self Sufficiency Program Participant